Posted on May 16, 2016
Recipe developed by Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN, owner of www.NutritionStarringYOU.com
2 cups cooked pearled sorghum
1 ounce walnuts, toasted and chopped (approx. ¼ cup)
1/2 cup (packed) roasted red peppers, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 ounce or 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 teaspoon sorghum syrup (or honey)
1. Cook sorghum according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Toast walnuts at 350 degrees for approximately 3 minutes, taking care not to burn them.
3. Add walnuts, peppers, scallions and goat cheese to sorghum and gently combine.
4. Mix ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
5. Top salad with dressing and thoroughly combine.
6. If desired, top with extra scallions, a few nuts and a sprinkle of goat cheese to garnish.
220 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 5mg chol, 80mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g sugar, 5g protein