2013 Kansas Sorghum Schools Scheduled for February
Posted on Jan 09, 2013
The Sorghum Checkoff in conjunction with the Kansas Grain Sorghum Commission, K-State Research and Extension, Huskie and KFRM 550 AM will be sponsoring in-depth sorghum schools will be held throughout the state of Kansas Feb. 5-14 addressing topics such as sorghum for risk management, weed control strategies, irrigation management and much more. Each sorghum school will begin with registration at 9:00am, the program will start at 9:30am, there will be a lunch at 12:30pm, and the program will conclude at 3:00pm.
Producers can register for any of the Kansas Sorghum Schools online at http://2013sorghumschools.eventbrite.com.
Kansas Sorghum School Schedule
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 – Salina, Saline County Fairgrounds 4-H Building
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 – Greensburg, Kiowa County Fairgrounds, 720 North Bay Street
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Hillsboro, United Methodist Church, 905 E. D St.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Oakley, Northwest Kansas Educational Service Center, 703 West 2nd St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 – Tribune, Greeley County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 1001 Ingalls Ave.
- Thursday, Feb. 14 – Ulysses, Grant County Civic Center, Lawson Room, 1000 West Patterson
Kansas Sorghum School Presenters (depending on location)
- Bill Golden, Natural Resource Economist, Dept. of Agricultural Economics
- Steve McNinch, Chief Executive Officer, Western Plains Energy LLC
- John Holman, Cropping Systems Agronomist, Southwest Res.-Ext. Ctr., Garden City
- Danny Rogers, Extension Agricultural Engineer
- Kraig Roozeboom, Crop Production/Cropping Systems
- Dorivar Ruiz-Diaz, Soil Fertility Specialist
- Curtis Thompson, Weed management Specialist
- Jeff Whitworth, Extension Entomologist