Balsamic Beet Sorghum
This Balsamic Beet Sorghum Salad is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavors of spring. The beets are roasted in the oven until they are tender and then tossed with a balsamic vinegar dressing. The sorghum is cooked until it is tender and then added to the salad along with some chopped vegetables. This salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner, and it is also a great way to use up leftover beets.
The beets add a sweet and earthy flavor to the salad, while the sorghum provides a nutty and chewy texture. The balsamic vinegar dressing ties everything together and adds a touch of acidity. This salad is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and it is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy salad to enjoy this spring, this Balsamic Beet Sorghum Salad is a great option. It is easy to make, and it is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Here are some tips for making this salad:
- Use fresh beets for the best flavor.
- Roast the beets in the oven until they are tender, but not mushy.
- Don’t overcook the sorghum. It should be cooked until it is tender, but still has a bit of a bite.
- Add your favorite vegetables to the salad. Some good options include cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions.
- Dress the salad with your favorite balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate for later.
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Fully Cooked Sorghum, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 cup Beets, Cooked and Diced
- 4 each Bacon, Cooked and Diced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Green Onions
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix to incorporate.
- If serving cold, marinate for 4 hours prior to serving. If serving hot, place in an pan and cook in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes.