Popped Sorghum and Roasted Root Vegetable
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Pearled Sorghum Grain, Gluten Free||709.375 gram(s)||1.419 kilogram(s)||2.128 kilogram(s)||2.838 kilogram(s)|
|Pepper, Bell or Sweet, Red||1.563 pint(s)||1.563 quart(s)||2.344 quart(s)||3.125 quart(s)|
|Squash, Yellow, Sliced, Frozen or Fresh||1.563 pint(s)||1.563 quart(s)||2.344 quart(s)||3.125 quart(s)|
|Fingerling Potatoes||2.344 pound(s)||4.688 pound(s)||7.031 pound(s)||9.375 pound(s)|
|Beets, fresh skin on||1.563 pint(s)||1.563 quart(s)||2.344 quart(s)||3.125 quart(s)|
|Oil, Olive||6.250 fluid ounce(s)||1.563 cup(s)||1.172 pint(s)||1.563 pint(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- In an oven proof pan, roast the root vegetables; red pepper, squash and fingerling potatoes at 350 degrees coated with olive oil until fork tender.
- The fresh beets roast them separately for about 45 minutes and remove the skins with paper towels as they will be quite hot and cut into quarters.
- Pop the sorghum grain in a stainless steel pot with oil on medium heat and set aside when all kernels are popped.
- Mix all vegetables together and add popped sorghum grains and season to taste with salt and pepper.