Sorghum Brunch Bowl
Share This Recipe
Furmano's Recipe- Chef Paul
- 1 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 cups Furmano's Fully Cooked Sorghum, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 pound Pork Belly, cubed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smokey Chipotle Rub
- 4 each Eggs, Large
- To make Smokey Chipotle Rub, combine Brown Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Chipotle Chili Powder, and Ground Cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Reserve 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Take the pork belly and the rub and mix in a bowl, making sure the rub is all over the pork belly. Let rest for 30 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, place Sorghum and reserved rub. Just warm and hold for plating.
- In a sauté pan place pork belly and sear on both sides, reserve.
- In a pot, poach eggs one at a time.
- Place sorghum in bottom of bowl, add pork belly at 12 o’clock, 4 o’clock and 8 o’clock and place poached egg in center on top.
- Garnish egg with Pepper or Paprika for color.