Sorghum Pearls Broccoli and Cheese
This recipe for Sorghum Pearls Broccoli and Cheese is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal. The sorghum pearls are cooked until they are tender and then mixed with broccoli, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon. The dish is then baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The sorghum pearls in this recipe are a great source of fiber and protein, and they have a mild, nutty flavor. The broccoli is a good source of vitamins A and C, and it has a slightly sweet and earthy flavor. The cheddar cheese is a classic choice for cheese sauce, and it melts beautifully in this dish. The crumbled bacon adds a salty, smoky flavor to the dish.
This recipe is a great way to get a healthy and delicious meal on the table quickly. It is also a great option for people who are looking for a gluten-free or dairy-free meal. The sorghum pearls can be cooked in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and the broccoli can be cooked ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Pearled Sorghum Grain||1.25 pound(s)||2.5 pound(s)||3 pound(s) + 12 oz.||5 pound(s)|
|Chicken Stock||2 quart(s)||1 gallon(s)||1.5 gallon(s)||2 gallon(s)|
|Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded||1.25 pound(s)||2.5 pound(s)||3 pound(s) +12 oz.||5 pound(s)|
|Bacon, Pork, Cured, Raw||½ pound(s)||1 pound(s)||1.5 pound(s)||2 pound(s)|
|Raw Broccoli||2.5 quart(s)||1 pound(s) + 1 quart(s)||1 gallon(s) + 3 ½ quart(s)||2.5 gallon(s)|
|Pepper, Bell, Red||5 cup(s)||1 pound(s) + 1 cup(s)||1 quart(s) + 3 ½ cup(s)||2.5quart(s)|
|Pepper, Black, Ground||1 tablespoon(s)||2 tablespoon(s)||3 tablespoon(s)||4 tablespoon(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- Cook the bacon crispy and drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble the bacon and reserve for the recipe.
- Heat the chicken stock to a boil and then add the sorghum pearls and simmer covered for 40 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and the bell pepper to the sorghum pearls and cook an additional five minutes.
- Add the shredded cheddar, the black pepper and the crumbled bacon and fold into the broccoli and sorghum pearls.
- This item can be held on a team table for service.