Sorghum Pepita and Dried Cranberries
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Pearled Sorghum Grain||1 pound(s)||2 pound(s)||3 pound(s)||4 pound(s)|
|Water, Tap||1.5 quart(s)||3 quart(s)||1 gallon(s)+2cup(s)||1.5 gallon(s)|
|Salt, Table||1 tablespoon(s)||2 tablespoon(s)||3 tablespoon(s)||4 tablespoon(s)|
|Bacon, Turkey, Raw||8 ounce(s)||
|1.5 pound(s)||2 pound(s)|
|Seeds, Pumpkin, Whole, Toasted, without Salt Added||1.5 cup(s)||1.5 pint(s)||1 quart(s)+1cup(s)||1.5 quart(s)|
|Juice, Apple, Unsweetened||3 cup(s)||1.5 quart(s)||2 quart(s)+1cup(s)||3 quart(s)|
|Cranberries, Dried, Sweetened||3 cup(s||1.5 quart(s)||2 quart(s)+1cup(s)||3 quart(s)|
|Spearmint, Chopped||2 ounces(s)||0.5 cup(s)||6 ounces(s)||1 cup(s)|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||4 fluid ounces(s)||1 cup(s)||1.5 cup(s)||2 cup(s)|
|Honey||4 fluid ounces(s)||1 cup(s)||1.5 cup(s)||2 cup(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- Cook the bacon crispy and drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble the bacon and reserve for the recipe.
- Heat the apple juice (or cider) to a boil, remove from the stove and then add the cranberries and cover. Allow the cranberries to plump (absorb the juice) while cooking the sorghum pearls. The dry cranberries will absorb the apple juice almost completely and what is not absorbed will be added to the mix.
- Add the salt to the water and bring to a boil. Then add the sorghum pearls and cook for 45 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Refrigerate the sorghum pearls to cool completely, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- This recipe is served cold and makes an excellent side dish.