Sorghum Waffles with Glazed Apples
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Sorghum flour, whole-grain||2 pound(s)||4 pound(s)||6 pound(s)||8 pound(s)|
|Juice, Apple, Unsweetened, Canned||1 pint(s) + 1 c.||1 quart(s) + 2 c.||2 quart(s) + 1 c.||3 quart(s)|
|Syrup, Maple, Grade A||1 pint(s)||1 quart(s)||1 quart(s) + 2 c.||2 quart(s)|
|Cinnamon, Ground||1.5 teaspoon(s)||1 tablespoon(s)||1.5 tablespoon(s)||2 tablespoon(s)|
|Egg, Raw, Large||6||12||18||24|
|Milk, Whole||1 quart(s) + 1 c.||2 quart(s) + 2 c.||3 quart(s) + 3 c.||1 gallon(s) + 4 c.|
|Honey||4 fluid ounce(s)||1 cup(s)||1 1/2 cup(s)||1 pint(s)|
|Oil, Canola||1 1/2 cup(s)||1 pint(s) + 1 c.||1 quart(s) + 1/2 c.||1 quart(s) + 2 c.|
|Baking Powder, Double Acting with Phosphate||4 tablespoon(s)||8 tablespoon(s)||12 tablespoon(s)||1 cup(s)|
|Vanilla Extract||1.5 tablespoon(s)||3 tablespoon(s)
|Salt, Table||1.5 teaspoon(s)||1 tablespoon(s)||1.5 tablespoon(s)||2 tablespoon(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- Put the maple syrup, cinnamon and the apple juice (or apple cider) in a large rondo and bring to a boil. Reduce by half.
- While the maple syrup and apple cider is reducing, cut the apples into 8 wedges and cut out the seeds. An apple wedger tool makes this a quick task.
- Put the apples in the syrup mix and cook until just tender. Do not overcook the apples.
- Prepare the waffle mix by combining the rest of the ingredients; sorghum flour, baking powder, salt, canola oil, eggs, milk, honey, vanilla extract.
- Cook the waffles in the usual manner with a waffle iron.
Top each waffle with apple wedges in syrup. Serve extra maple syrup on the side.
- This is a great breakfast or brunch buffet item. The glazed apples can be kept warm in a chafing dish and ladled on the finished waffles.
- Whipped cream can also be offered which will melt and upgrade this item.