Spanish Style White Pearled Sorghum Pilaf
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Pearled Sorghum||839.986 gram(s)||1.680 kilogram(s)||2.520 kilogram(s)||3.360 kilogram(s)|
|Chopped Onion||3.704 fluid ounce(s)||7.407 fluid ounce(s)||1.389 cup(s)||1.852 cup(s)|
|Chopped Bell Pepper||1.157 cup(s)||1.157 pint(s)||1.736 pint(s)||1.157 quart(s)|
|Canned Tomatoes Diced||1.620 pound(s)||3.241 pound(s)||4.861 pound(s)||6.481 pound(s)|
|Table Salt||2.778 teaspoon(s)||1.852 tablespoon(s)||1.389 fluid ounce(s)||1.852 fluid ounce(s)|
|Cumin||1.389 teaspoon(s)||2.778 teaspoon(s)||1.389 tablespoon(s)||1.852 tablespoon(s)|
|Water||1.852 quart(s)||3.704 quart(s)||1.389 gallon(s)||1.852 gallon(s)|
|Granulated Garlic||2.778 teaspoon(s)||1.852 tablespoon(s)||1.389 fluid ounce(s)||1.852 fluid ounce(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- Bring water to a boil.
- Drain canned tomatoes and reserve the juice.
- Add white pearled sorghum grain in the water and then add the bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, salt, granulated garlic and cumin into the boiling water.
- Stir and bring back to a boil, then mix in reserved tomato juice.
- Cover the pot and lower the flame to a simmer and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Turn the flame off and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Can serve warm or cold as a side dish.