Spicy Asian Kale and Sorghum Pearls
|Ingredients||25 servings||50 servings||75 Servings||100 Servings|
|Pearled Sorghum||681 gram(s)||1.362 kilogram(s)||2.043 kilogram(s)||2.724 kilogram(s)|
|Tap Water||1 quart(s)||2 quart(s)||3 quart(s)||1 gallon(s)|
|Ham||8 ounce(s)||1 pound(s)||1.5 pound(s)||2 pound(s)|
|Canola Oil||4 fluid ounce(s)||1 cup(s)||1.5 cup(s)||1 pint(s)|
|Yellow Onion, Diced||1.5 cup(s)||1.5 pint(s)||1.125 quart(s)||1.5 quart(s)|
|Crushed Garlic Cloves||4||8||12||16|
|Coarsely Chopped Kale||6 pound(s)||12 pound(s)||18 pound(s)||24 pound(s)|
|Vinegar||1 cup(s)||1 pint(s)||1.5 pint(s)||1 quart(s)|
|Ground White Pepper||1 teaspoon(s)||2 teaspoon(s)||1 tablespoon(s)||1.333 tablespoon(s)|
|Sauce, Hoisin||1 cup(s)||1 pint(s)||1.5 pint(s)||1 quart(s)|
|Sesame Seeds||2 fluid ounce(s)||4 fluid ounce(s)||6 fluid ounce(s)||1 cup(s)|
|Low Sodium Soy Sauce||1 cup(s)||1 pint(s)||1.5 pint(s)||1 quart(s)|
Share This Recipe
- See above table for scaled ingredient requirements
- Bring the water to a boil and add the sorghum pearls. Bring to a boil again then reduce heat and simmer for 38 minutes. When done, remove from heat, cover and reserve.
- Heat the canola oil in a large rondo pot.
- Add the onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and finely julienned ham (1 1/8 inch-wide strips by 2 ½ inches long) and heat thoroughly.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and Hoisin sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and wilt slightly. Fold in the sorghum pearls and sesame seeds, then mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm.