Almond Mushroom Sorghum Pilaf
Recipe developed by:
Chef Ray Potter, CEC, AAC
Share This Recipe
- 681 grams Pearled Sorghum Grain
- 2 quarts Chicken Stock
- 4 fl oz Canola Oil
- 1 cup Celery, washed, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 0.25 teaspoons White Pepper, Ground
- 1.5 cups Unbalanced Toasted Almonds
- 1 quart Sliced Mushrooms
- Heat the canola oil in a large rondo pot.
- Add the celery, onions and red bell pepper and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and the seasonings. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally with the cook's spoon.
- Add the stock and sorghum pearls and bring to a boil. When boiling reduced heat and simmer for 38 minutes. Cover while simmering to reduce evaporation.
- Toast the almonds dry. Do not add butter or oil to the almonds.
- Remove from the stove then add the toasted almonds and green onions - fold them into the pilaf.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
- Calories per serving
- Fat per serving
- Saturated fat per serving
- Sodium per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Protein per serving