0 people like this recipe
0 people dislike this recipe
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 5 large garlic cloves finely minced (or use a garlic press)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger (divided)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots (pre-cut in your grocer’s produce section)
- Assortment of sweet bell peppers finely sliced (red, yellow and orange. Use 1/2 of each pepper)
- 1 cup finely chopped assorted mushrooms (oyster, shitake, Portobello etc.) Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch crushed red peppers (optional)
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 3 cups cooked Wondergrain sorghum, (Whole Grain or pearled)
- 4 tablespoons Braggs Amino or soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced cabbage (purple and green – May use the pre-cut cabbage for coleslaw found in the produce section)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup green onion sliced (approximately 6 stalks)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl in pan to coat.
Add red onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of ginger. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, salt, crushed red pepper, sugar, rice wine vinegar and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked Wondergrain sorghum, Braggs Amino or soy sauce, cabbage, snow peas, green onion, ginger and stir for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss well and serve.