Easy, Make-Ahead Breakfast Dishes for Christmas Morning
Christmas morning is one of the most joyful and excitement-filled times of the year. There is nothing like witnessing family members squeal with glee when they discover presents under the tree. Although a lot of time and energy will be spent in the kitchen preparing the Christmas dinner feast, Christmas morning should be a time to watch the surprise on the face of loved ones! We at Simply Sorghum care about family, so we’ve compiled a list of great make-ahead breakfast dishes you can prepare the night before and quickly pull together in the morning with minimal effort!
- Sorghum Belgian Waffles – This breakfast favorite has a batter with a short list of ingredients that can easily be combined on Christmas Eve and set in the refrigerator overnight. Come Christmas morning, all that is left to do is warm up the waffle iron and maple syrup!
- Sorghum Cornmeal Breakfast Cake – Similar to coffee cake, this breakfast dish can be baked, cooled and stored up to a couple of days in advance of the Christmas festivities. After Santa visits, the cake can be cut and served at room temperature or rewarmed in the microwave.
- Sorghum Frittata – Perfect for the savory breakfast lover, this dish has pork and fresh veggies sprinkled with a gooey cheese topping and is easy to serve in individual slices. The dish can easily be made on Christmas eve and warmed in the oven once presents are open!
- Strawberry Vanilla Sorghum Parfait – For this recipe, prepare the sorghum on Christmas eve or earlier in the week in your favorite milk of choice, then cover and refrigerate. On Christmas morning, guests can build their own parfait using various types of yogurt and fresh fruit options.
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Sorghum Bake – Paired with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt, this apple bake dish is a delicious choice for Christmas breakfast! On Christmas Eve, it will fill the house with a wonderful apple cinnamon aroma when baking, and then stay well in the refrigerator overnight for a tasty morning treat.