Asian Veggies, Chicken and Sorghum Grain Bowl
For quick meal prep, you can make sorghum ahead and freeze until you’re ready to use!
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups cooked pearled sorghum
- 12 oz cooked, sliced chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 ½ cups Snap peas
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- 1 cup daikon radish ribbons
- 2 tablespoons furikake (Japanese nori seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small saucepan, boil 4 cups of water and add 1 cup of whole grain sorghum to make 3 cups of cooked sorghum. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional furikake, if desired.