Bacon and Cheddar Sorghum Fritters
Flour, Pearled Grain
Recipe developed by:
Chef Adam Moore, Flashpoint Innovation
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 lb cream cheese
- 1/2 lb shredded cheddar
- 1 cup cannded diced green chiles
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup pearled sorghum grain (cooked)
- seasoned sorghum flour - as needed
- 2 large scrambled eggs
- panko bread crumbs - as needed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Daddy's Original Seasoning
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
For the fritters:
- Place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, bacon and sorghum in a large bowl and mix well.
- Portion into 1 inch balls and freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm
- Set up your batter station with one bowl full of flour, one bowl of eggs and one bowl with the panko.
Coat the balls in the following order to double coat: flour, egg, flour, egg, panko.
- Place in fridge overnight.
For the zesty sauce:
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce, Daddy's seasoning and black pepper. Mix well and reserve until ready to use.
- Heat fryer to 350F.
- Deep fry fritters until golden - about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a side of Daddy's zesty sauce.