Pearled Sorghum Hummus
- 1¼ cup cooked pearled grain sorghum + 1 tbsp for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sunflower spread or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp for garnish
- clove of fresh garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Boil pearled sorghum grain in approximately three parts water to one part grain. Reduce heat to medium temperature, cover and let cook for 45-60 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in food processor sunflower spread and lemon juice until creamy. Add oil, salt, cumin and garlic and pulse until combined. Add sorghum to food processor and process until creamy, adding water when needed for desired consistency.
- Transfer hummus from processor to serving bowl and garnish with olive oil and pearled sorghum grain.