Stuffed Sorghum Peppers
- 15 mini peppers, sliced diagonally and remove the seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on your spice meter
- 3/4 cup green or brown lentils, cooked (1/2 cup raw)
- 2 1/4 cups cooked sorghum, (3/4 cup sorghum raw)
- 2 small pears, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fig spread (optional)
- 6.5 ounce Brie cheese, sliced into small strips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet or large casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Slice 15 mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds. Arrange peppers on the parchment paper lined baking sheet or a large casserole dish.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and onion to pan, sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ground ginger and thyme to the pan, sauté for 30-60 seconds until garlic is golden brown and fragrant. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, cayenne pepper, lentils, cooked sorghum and mix well. Then add pears and fig jelly mix until the mixture is evenly combined. Turn stove off and cool the mixture either in the pan or in a bowl.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and top with sliced Brie cheese. (If you are making these ahead of time, just cover with some plastic wrap and put them in the fridge until you're ready to cook them.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are soft.