Cajun Sorghum Bowl
4 servings (about 1 1/2 cups jambalaya)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 T. Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pearled sorghum
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. peeled, deveined medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra
- Salt, pepper & hot sauce to taste
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Select saute to the Instant Pot® and adjust to normal. Add oil to the pot. When oil is hot, add sausage rounds and cook until browned on both sides. Transfer sausage to a plate. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic and cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Press cancel.
- Add the sorghum, diced tomatoes and broth. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize. Press cancel.
- Select saute and adjust to normal. Add the reserved sausage, shrimp and okra to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until okra is thawed and shrimp are cooked through. Press cancel.
- Season the jambalaya with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste and divide among four shallow bowls. Sprinkle sliced green onions and parsley on top of each serving.