Citrus Salad with Popped Sorghum
1 people like this recipe
0 people dislike this recipe
Popped Whole Grain
Share This Recipe
- 4 bunches watercress (about 4 cups), rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sliced horizontally into rings
- 2 satsuma oranges, peeled and sliced horizontally into rings (or substitute with a mandarin or tangerine)
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced thinly with mandolin (reserve some fronds for topping, if desired)
- ¼ cup pearled sorghum
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Popped sorghum for topping
- Combine watercress, grapefruit, orange and fennel in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add pearled sorghum and toast for about 5 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, toasted pearled sorghum and maple, toss with salad
- Transfer to serving dish and top with fennel fronds and popped sorghum.
- Serve immediately.