Sorghum Lasagna Bowl
Share This Recipe
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups cooked whole grain sorghum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano or basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
In a medium skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through, drain.
*USDA recommends cooking ground meat to an internal temperature of 160°F
- In a medium bowl combine sorghum, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Divide marinara sauce between four 8-ounce gratin dishes. Top sauce with cooked sausage and dollops of ricotta cheese. Divide sorghum mixture atop each dish and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer all lasagna dishes to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top. Garnish with fresh oregano or basil, if desired.