Southwest Sorghum Sliders
12-2 ounce sliders
Spice up your weeknight dinner routine with our Southwest Sorghum Sliders! Packed with protein and flavor, these sliders are sure to satisfy.
Share This Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 28 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 1/2 cup sorghum, cooked, preferably room temperature
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons sorghum flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place a sauté pan over low-medium heat, and add olive oil and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, then add mushrooms and pinto beans. Mix together and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, place the mushroom mixture into a medium sized bowl and mash with a potato masher until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add cooked sorghum, salsa, cilantro, flax egg, sea salt and flour to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Cook the patties using one of the two methods below.
Baked Slider Patties:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to make consistent 2 ounce patties. Shape them in your hand and place them on the baking sheet, leaving a little room in between burgers.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 12 minutes then flip for another 12 minutes.
Pan-Seared Slider Patties
- Refrigerate bean and sorghum mixture for about 15 minutes until the mixture is firm enough to flip.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to make 2 ounce slider patties, flattening each one with clean hands.
- If not using a non-stick pan, use 1 tablespoon oil or cooking spray. Pan sear each burger for 5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve burgers with your favorite toppings: avocado, salsa, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, etc