Strawberry Vanilla Sorghum Parfait
Recipe developed by:
Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup uncooked whole grain sorghum
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1-2 packets stevia or preferred sweetener- divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cook sorghum according to package directions using unsweetened soymilk instead of water, watching the pot carefully as it can boil over easily.
Once soymilk is mostly absorbed, remove from heat and let cool.
Stir in 1-2 packets stevia (or preferred sweetener) and cinnamon.
In a serving bowl or Mason jar add ½ of the sorghum and spread across bottom.
Add 2 tablespoons yogurt, then strawberries. Repeat layering of sorghum, yogurt and strawberries.
If you want to make the sorghum in advance, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add a splash of soymilk when ready to serve.
Either enjoy it cold or reheat prior to adding yogurt and berries.