Apple Cinnamon Newtons
0 people like this recipe
0 people dislike this recipe
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup and 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 ¼ cups apple flakes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups of 38° Brix Apple Purée
- 4 cups and 2 tablespoons sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Briefly mix butter and apple flakes in a planetary mixer fitted with a paddle.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Mix in sorghum flour and salt on low until combined in a dough.
- Scoop half of the dough between two sheets of wax paper and flatten into a rectangle with rolling pin to one-fourth of an inch. Place on large cookie sheet. Roll out other half of dough in the same way as the first.
- Put the sheets in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the first sheet from the freezer and peel off the top wax paper sheet. Place the wax paper side down on a baking sheet. Scoop and spread 38° Brix Apple Purée evenly onto rolled out dough sheet. Remove one layer of wax paper off the second dough sheet. Place second half of dough (wax paper side up) over top of filling and evenly press to remove air pockets. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325Ëš F. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.