Sorghum Chocolate Chip Cookies
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/8 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 325ËšF. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well until blended. Mix in the dry ingredients and add in the chocolate chips.
- Divide cookie dough into 1/8 cup portions and drop dough on to cookie sheets spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies turn a golden brown.