Chicken, Zoodle & Sorghum Mason Jar Salad
If you don’t want to use a Mason jar, you can assemble and serve this salad on individual plates.
Pre-packaged grated carrots, shredded cabbage and zucchini zoodles (noodles) can be used as a time-saver.
Store extra salad dressing in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Shake well before using.
Recipe developed by:
Triad to Wellness
Share This Recipe
Miso Ginger Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon, ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized into "zoodles"
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 cups whole grain sorghum, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked and diced
- Add all of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and whisk until emulsified. Make sure all of the miso paste is dissolved in the dressing. Set aside.
Salad Assembly for an individual 1 quart Mason jar:
- Pour 4 tablespoons of the Miso Ginger Salad Dressing in the bottom of the Mason jar.
- Layer 1/2 cup "zoodles", 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage, 1/4 cup shelled edamame, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, and 6 ounces sorghum.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds, and top with 3 ounces baby spinach.
- When ready to eat the salad, shake the salad into a serving bowl. Add chicken and mix until well combined. Note: for best results, add the chicken on the day you will eat it.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories per serving
- Fat per serving
- Saturated fat per serving
- Sodium per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving