Moroccan Chickpea Sorghum Bowl
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups cooked whole grain sorghum
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 small carrots (red, purple, orange, yellow, or white), sliced
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, sliced in half vertically
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 2 cups chopped greens (i.e., kale, spinach, arugula leaves)
- 12 black olives (i.e., Kalamata, Picholine, Nicoise), rinsed, drained
- Cook sorghum according to package directions.
- While sorghum is cooking, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Arrange rows of sliced red onions, sliced red bell pepper, sliced carrots, halved Brussels sprouts, and chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, ras el hanout, garlic, and salt (optional) in a small dish.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the vegetables and chickpeas in the baking sheet.
- Place on the top rack of the oven and roast for about 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Remove vegetables from oven.
- To make each large individual bowl (makes 4 bowls): In each bowl, arrange ½ cup cooked sorghum on one side, and ½ cup greens on the other side. On each bowl, arrange on top of the sorghum and greens the following: ¼ of the onions, ¼ of the bell pepper, ¼ of the carrots, ¼ of the Brussels sprouts, ¼ of the chickpeas, and 3 black olives.