Sorghum Blueberry-Lemon Muffins
1 people like this recipe
0 people dislike this recipe
Recipe developed by:
Barbara Kliment, Executive Director-Nebraska Grain Sorghum Board
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/3 cups Sorghum Flour Blend (See recipe below)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk of choice, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add-Ins and Topping
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling on muffins
Sorghum Blend Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Generously grease a standard 12-cup non-stick muffin pan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients thoroughly until smooth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Combine with a spatula until just moistened and then gently stir in the blueberries. Divide the batter evenly in the pan and sprinkle each muffin with a little sugar.
- Bake until the muffin tops are lightly browned, approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.