0 people like this recipe
0 people dislike this recipe
Share This Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose sorghum flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon GF vanilla or anise extract
Preheat the pizzelle press on medium setting while preparing the batter.
- Place flour and baking powder in a small bowl and stir to blend; set aside. Place eggs and sugar in medium bowl and mix with hand mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, until thickened. On low speed, add the melted butter and vanilla in a steady stream mixing until combined. Add flour blend and mix until combined.
- Lightly brush both the top and bottom grids with vegetable oil before baking. Scoop 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of dough and drop onto one of the patterned grids; repeat for second cookie. Slightly flatten the dough before closing and locking the lid. When the indicator light comes on, the pizzelle are ready. For a lighter-colored pizzelle, bake for a shorter time; for darker pizzelle, add a few more seconds. Remove pizzelle from the press using a heat-proof spatula and place on a rack to cool completely. Warm pizzelle may be wrapped around a dowel to form cannoli shells or slumped over a small inverted dish for an ice cream shell. Cooled pizzelle may be dusted with powdered sugar before serving.