Spinach and Almond Sorghum Salad
Popped Whole Grain
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup hulled strawberries, cut in half (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon sorghum syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender add strawberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sorghum syrup, and sea salt. Blend until strawberries are pureed, about 1 minute. Set aside or refrigerate until further use.
- Heat a 12-quart stock pot over medium heat. Add avocado oil and whole grain sorghum (not rinsed) to the pot. Increase heat to medium-high heat, and cook until sorghum is done (according to package directions).
- Once the sorghum pops, stir with a wooden spoon. Make sure to stand a small distance from the stove to avoid any splatter. Once there are more than 10 seconds between pops, remove from heat. Place in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Place spinach, almonds, sliced strawberries, and 3/4 of the popped sorghum in a salad bowl, and mix until well combined. Add dressing, and top with remaining popped sorghum.