Wondergrain Gluten Free Banana Bread
4 people like this recipe
1 people dislike this recipe
1 Hours 10 Minutes
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Wondergrain all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (approximately 4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together Wondergrain flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas. Mix well with the spatula. Add vanilla extract and buttermilk and beat with mixer until combined. Very gently fold in the dry mixture into the wet mixture with the spatula. DO NOT OVER STIR but mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 9x5 greased loaf pan. Bake on center rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes, but check on the bread after 1 hour. Cooking time may vary.
- Insert a toothpick at the center and it should come out clean. Bread should be golden on the outside. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling. Allow the bread to cool down completely prior to cutting.