Zest Fest Salad with Lemon Lime-Dressing
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked sorghum
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Purchased Honey Roasted Nuts or Candied Nuts and Seeds (see below)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chopped jalapeño chile (depending on desired heat level)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Cook sorghum according to package directions. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining salad ingredients (except the greens) in a large bowl. Add cooked sorghum once cooled.
- To make dressing, place all dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. With the blender running, slowly pour in oil, processing until thick and smooth.
- Stir half the dressing into the salad mixture; toss to coat well. Arrange salad greens on plates. Spoon salad mixture on top; drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with candied nuts.
Candied Nuts & Seeds
- Heat oven to 400 ̊F. Mix 1 cup broken walnuts, 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas), 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, 2 tsp coarse salt, 1⁄2 tsp lime zest, 1⁄2 tsp lemon zest, and 1⁄2 tsp red chile flakes; stir to coat well. Spread evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet; roast 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp (watch carefully so they don’t burn). Let cool; break into pieces.