Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 ¼ cups butter, soft
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 5/8 cup ground almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons ground clove
- ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 5/8 cups brown sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 3/8 cup sorghum flour, super fine
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites in two different metal bowls.
- In another metal bowl add egg yolks, soft butter, sugar and whisk well for about 1 minute, until creamy.
- Add shredded carrots, vanilla beans, orange zest, sorghum flour, ground almonds, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and place to the side for later use.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fluffy. Add egg whites to the carrot mixture and fold carefully.
- Then split the mixture in to two well-buttered, 9-inch inch cake rings.
- Place in to the oven at 350F for 14016 minute on a low setting.
- When done, let cool before icing the cake.
- When cold, add 10 oz of whipped mascarpone cream icing on the bottom layer then place the second layer on top add 10 oz more of the icing.
- Dust with cinnamon powder and let it cool down before cutting the cake.