Gluten-Free Carrot Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup low sodium V-8 Juice or tomato juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the juice, oil, carrots, raisins, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir to mix.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin pans. Place pans into the oven and bake for ~18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.