Sorghum Banana Nut Muffins
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Treetop 38 brix apple puree
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- Preheat an oven to 350ËšF. Grease a muffin tin or place baking cups in the tin.
- Whip the bananas using an electric mixer in a bowl and set aside. Combine sorghum flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and apple puree and mix until well-blended.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and add mashed bananas. Fold in the walnuts and mix until well combined.
- Use a spoon to place batter in muffin tins. Fill each muffin tin halfway. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.